Dear Members of the Georgetown University,
Below you will find a message from Medstar Georgetown University Hospital regarding an upcoming impact at the Medical/Surgical Pavilion construction site on North Campus.
Subject: Pavilion Construction Equipment Delivery: Thursday, February 8
On Thursday, February 8 sometime between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., a large piece of equipment will be delivered to the Medical/Surgical Pavilion construction site at MedStar Georgetown. The delivery of this oversized load is being done during non-rush hours of the week, as required and permitted by the District of Columbia.
At the time of delivery, the following will occur:
1. The large truck carrying the equipment will travel from west to east on Reservoir Road and enter the Hospital campus at Entrance 1.
2. Flaggers will be in place on Reservoir Road to control traffic in both directions so the truck can safely cross both lanes of traffic and navigate the turn into Entrance 1. Once the truck has entered the Hospital campus, traffic on Reservoir Road will return to normal.
3. Flaggers will also be in place to briefly control traffic on the Hospital campus as the truck proceeds against the regular flow of traffic on the road in front of the Student Health Center and Epicurean.
4. Once the truck enters the fenced-in construction site, Hospital campus traffic will return to normal.
5. After approximately one hour, the truck will depart the Hospital campus, which will require traffic control in front of the Student Health Center and Epicurean.
6. As the truck prepares to turn on Reservoir Road, traffic in both directions will be controlled by flaggers so the truck can safely cross both lanes.
7. Once the truck has turned onto Reservoir Road, traffic will return to normal.
Safety is our first priority, as is minimizing disruption, for this delivery. We thank everyone for your patience and understanding during the brief traffic interruptions.
If you have any questions, please let us know and we will pass them along to our MedStar colleagues.
Vice President for Planning and Facilities Management