There are designated staff within the department who serve as timekeepers. Time is submitted to the University timekeeping system weekly and must be recorded to ensure timely payment. The department currently has two primary ways for time to be recorded for non-exempt (hourly) employees:
- Time cards
- On line time sheet program - In addition to entering hours, instructions about how to enter hours can be found here.
For all employees:
- Time that is submitted electronically should be done no later than 9:00 am Monday morning. Those that submit time in GMS will also record their hours in the online time sheet program as well and must be submitted by Sunday before 6:00 pm.
- Timekeepers have a deadline of 1:00 pm every Monday for the submission of time. If timecards are not received to be processed by then they will be done on the next pay cycle.
- All leave should be entered in GMS before timecards are given to the time keeper.
- If an employee does not have enough leave hours for time taken they will be paid for only the leave hours they have recorded in GMS.
For Facilities Management hourly employees and managers:
- Timecards for day and night employees should be submitted to the time keeper every Friday by 9:00 am.
- Departments with employees on a weekend and evening schedule will be submitted on Monday morning by 8:00 am.
- When employees work for another department those time cards should be given to the timekeeper by Monday of week 2 in order to be paid for the current pay period.