Planning manages and leads the space planning program. Responsibilities include the following:
- Allocates and evaluates space throughout the university on an ongoing basis including the existing supply and future demand for space.
- Conducts programming to identify necessary adjacencies, programmatic relationships, and qualitative requirements, and to identify opportunities for effective use of land, buildings, and infrastructure.
- Collaborates with University leadership to evaluate and advise regarding the use of University space in relation to projected Capital Plan needs and constraints.
- Provides a long-range physical planning context for short term decisions regarding the use of space.
- Coordinates the cumulative impact of multiple planning activities so that results are coherent and well designed.