New Student Move-In, Friday, August 25, 2017
Posted in Announcements
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community:
On Friday, August 25, we will welcome more than 1,600 new students to the Hilltop during move-in day.
In order to facilitate the move-in process and to create the best possible experience for new Georgetown students and their families, we request that you make alternative transportation arrangements and avoid on-campus parking on Friday, August 25.
Given heavy traffic congestion and on-campus parking restrictions, please discuss the following options with your supervisor or department head:
1. Using GUTS and/or public transportation instead of parking on campus. Please note: all GUTS buses will utilize Reservoir Road to enter and exit campus and will not stop at the bus turnaround. You can find North Campus bus stops for each shuttle on August 25 on this map. The mini-shuttle will not be in service during this period.
2. Working from home with supervisory approval (no formal telework agreement is needed).
3. Scheduling leave for the day with supervisory approval.
4. Adjusting schedule to work a full week but avoid coming to work on August 25 with supervisory approval (for example, a week of four 10-hour days).
5. If you are a regular parking pass holder, parking at one of the off-campus satellite lots is available at no charge. Shuttle services from satellite parking locations will be provided. Parking passes for satellite locations are available for pick-up in the parking office located on the mezzanine level of the Southwest Garage.
Please note the following traffic restrictions will be in effect from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. on Friday, August 25:
Canal Road will be closed for outbound traffic.
Prospect Street will be closed to inbound traffic.
Please visit transportation.georgetown.edu to see more alternatives for getting to campus. If you have any questions or would like more information regarding off-campus parking locations, please contact the Office of Transportation Management at (202) 687-6877.
We thank you for your attention and flexibility in this important university process.
Robin Morey, Vice President, Planning and Facilities Management
Todd Olson, Ph.D., Vice President for Student Affairs
Brenda Richardson Malone, Vice President for Human Resources