Final Reminder: New Student Move-In Friday, August 25
Posted in Announcements
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community:
As a reminder, this Friday, August 25, is new student move-in. Given heavy traffic congestion and on-campus parking restrictions, please plan alternative transportation arrangements and avoid on-campus parking.
Alternative arrangements and parking options include:
1. Using GUTS and/or public transportation instead of parking on campus. Please note: all GUTS buses will utilize Reservoir Road to enter and exit campus and will not stop at the bus turnaround. You can find North Campus bus stops for each shuttle on August 25 on this map. The mini-shuttle will not be in service during this period.
2. Working from home with supervisory approval (no formal telework agreement is needed).
3. Scheduling leave for the day with supervisory approval.
4. Adjusting schedule to work a full week but avoid coming to work on August 25 with supervisory approval (for example, a week of four 10-hour days).
5. If you are a regular parking pass holder, parking at one of the off-campus satellite lots is available at no charge. Shuttle services from satellite parking locations will be provided. Parking passes for satellite locations are available for pick-up in the parking office located on the mezzanine level of the Southwest Garage.
Please note the following traffic restrictions will be in effect from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. on Friday, August 25:
Canal Road will be closed for outbound traffic.
Prospect Street will be closed to inbound traffic.
Please visit transportation.georgetown.edu for additional alternatives traveling to campus. If you have any questions or would like more information regarding off-campus parking locations, please contact the Office of Transportation Management at (202) 687-6877.
Thank you again for your help in making move-in a smooth process for our new students and their families.